Call USA Surveying & Engineering, an Alabama statewide Engineering and Land Surveying firm, at (334) 826-9540 or go to our Contact page and fill out the form there. We will promptly return your call to discuss your land surveying needs.
Why get a land survey?
For any of the following reasons:
- So that you can see exactly what you are buying or selling.
- To determine if there are easement lines for utilities such as water, sewer, drainage ways, power lines, etc. on your property.
- To know if there are any encroachments like driveways, fences or buildings on the property.
- To know the exact property line measurements and the precise locations of all structures, fences, or driveways related to those property lines.
- To determine if you are in a flood zone. (This is critical since Auburn’s flood maps are being revised. See flood determination for additional info.)
- To be able to put up a fence on your property in the correct location.
- To subdivide your property to divide it among family members. (See Auburn Subdivision Regulations) A subdivision plat is required for any change in property lines within the City of Auburn’s Planning Jurisdiction.
- To make sure the building you’re constructing is on the lot, within the setback lines, and not encroaching on any easement lines. Again, the City of Auburn requires a site plan for any home construction. If the proposed home is closer than 3-feet to any setback line, then a land surveyor must set stakes for reference. All commercial site plans require a site plan as well as engineering plans.
- To determine if your lot is usable for an onsite septic system. (While technically not a survey, these are commonly done by surveyors.) While most parcels in Auburn are near the municipal sewer system, an onsite system may be necessary in some cases.
The staff at USA Surveying & Engineering has been surveying in and around Auburn, Alabama for over 25 years. We have experience in all types of land surveying. Some of these other survey types are more specialized and are discussed more fully on our land surveying services page.
Money Saving Hint – if you have your deed and/or an old survey on hand, tell us about it and send them in when you request a quote. This will save us time and you money.
For more specific information about what type survey you need, please call USA Surveying & Engineering at (334) 826-9540. Go here for Civil Engineering in Birmingham AL.
J. Keith Maxwell is a licensed Professional Engineer and Land Surveyor in Auburn, Alabama. He is also a Certified Floodplain Manager and has consulted in the Auburn area for over 25 years.
City of Auburn – Planning – Engineering
City of Auburn GIS Maps – City of Auburn Flood Maps
- Dadeville, AL & Lake Martin
- Montgomery, Prattville, & Wetumpka AL
- Dothan & Enterprise, AL
- Mobile & Baldwin County, AL
- Madison & Madison County, AL
- Birmingham & Hoove, AL
- Tennessee Surveyors
- Mississippi Surveyors
- Texas Surveyors